Medical Grade Chemical Peels
SkinMedica® medical grade chemical peels address the visible skin imperfections that result from skin aging and sun exposure.
*Professional peels are administered by a skin care professional and utilize a full range of superficial peels.
Say Hello to a uniform and renewed complexion.
Diminish fine lines, wrinkles, Chemical peels also address uneven skin tone that is a result of pigment changes or acne scarring.
and uneven tone & texture.
Vibrant and radiant skin.
What to Expect
- You should avoid any products or other skincare procedures that could increase skin sensitivity before your scheduled peel.
- The appointment can take up to 45 minutes, which includes time spent going over questions and discussing post-peel skincare.
- Tingling or slight burning during the treatment is normal. Any discomfort subsides within a few minutes.
- It’s common to see best results after a period of peels. Peels can be repeated, but need to be properly spaced apart.
What Comes Next
- You may notice a yellowish tinge on your skin for a couple of hours after a peel, followed by some mild redness.
- The degree of peeling that you experience depends on your unique skin and the intensity level of the peel.
- Your skin care professional will provide you with in depth post-treatment instructions.
- Your new skin is more sensitive to rays from the sun. Take extra precautions with sun exposure for about a week after the peel. Make sure to use a broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.