Restylane Lyft is a dermal filler that contains hyaluronic acid and is used to lift cheeks, smooth smile lines and add volume to the backs of hands.
What is Restylane Lyft?
As we age, our natural fat deteriorates and skin begins to sag, leading to more prominent wrinkles and reduced volume. Dermal fillers, such as Restylane Lyft, can help to reduce these visible signs of aging in the face and hands.
Restylane Lyft contains hyaluronic acid, lidocaine and water. Together, these ingredients add volume beneath the skin and temporarily smooth out wrinkles in the injected area, with minimal pain.
A clinical trial of Restylane Lyft produced the following results in the midface area following treatments:
- 95% saw improvement two months after treatment
- 73% saw improvement 12 months after treatment
A clinical trial of Restylane Lyft produced the following results in the hands following treatments:
- 86% saw improvement three months after treatment
- 76% saw improvement six months after treatment
Benefits of Restylane Lyft
Restylane Lyft helps to:
- Smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles
- Lift the cheeks
- Create a smoother and fuller appearance
- Provide natural-looking volume for the cheeks and hands
Who is a Candidate?
Restylane Lyft can help patients with moderate to severe wrinkles.
Restyle Lyft is not recommended for individuals who:
- Have a history of bleeding disorders
- Have inflammatory skin conditions, such as eczema and acne
- Have allergies to lidocaine
Patients should speak to their doctor to find out if Restylane Lyft could be an effective option for them.
Before the Procedure
If a patient has been cleared for Restylane Lyft treatment they should stop:
- Drinking alcohol
- Taking certain medications that increase the risk of bleeding, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID) or blood thinners
- Taking herbs and supplements that can increase bleeding
- Using exfoliants
What to Expect
Depending on how many injections are made in one session, the entire procedure can take anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour. Patients are able to go home immediately after the procedure and continue their normal routine.
The doctor will begin by applying a mild anesthetic to help alleviate pain during the procedure. He or she will then clean the injection sites with an antiseptic. The doctor will consider the severity of the wrinkles to help determine how much Restylane is necessary. The injections will be made using an ultrafine needle.
Patients will typically see full results within a week of the procedure. However, immediate results will also be visible because the product naturally adds volume once injected.
The results of a Restylane Lyft treatment typically last eight to 10 months. To maintain results, patients will need additional rounds of injections.
Patients should limit sun exposure for a few days after the procedure and avoid exercising for 48 hours. Patients are able to resume other normal activities immediately after treatment.
Side Effects and Risks
Restylane Lyft may cause the following minor and temporary side effects:
Other rare and serious side effects may include infection, severe swelling and pigmentation changes.